Any persons with special driving needs who have medical approval and are of legal age, regardless of disability. The program attempts to provide all students with an opportunity to obtain their driver's license before completing their training at the Perkins Center.
To evaluate and train individuals to drive and obtain their Kentucky Instruction Permit and Driver's License.
- Arrangements for road tests and medical clearance for driving from Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Adaptive driving equipment prescriptions as may be needed.
- Driver's education instruction and Department of Motor Vehicle test preparation.
- Information regarding driving equipment resources.
- On-the-road evaluation and training.
- Physical skills evaluation.
- Reaction-time testing in a simulator.
- Visual, perceptual and cognitive screening.