1. Proof of legal blindness. Confirmation of Legal Blindness form. If including a vision report with confirmation form, the report should not be older than two years.
2. An official school transcript with at least a 2.7 cumulative GPA.
3. Acceptance letter from accredited college (includes vocational/technical programs).
4. Two letters of recommendation (i.e. teacher, employer, non-family member).
5. Photocopy of state issue identification (must be resident of Kentucky).
6. A completed essay (500 words) is required. Please choose one of the following essay topics below. If applied in the past for the scholarship, select a different essay topic to complete.
A.) Indicate the field of study and why this career goal was chosen.
B.) Describe the influence of someone who has had a positive impact in your life.
7. Click here
to print all application information. This also includes a list of all documentation required for submission.
Application requirements will be posted here by April 15, 2022. The date the completed materials must be received by is June 15, 2022. Please note: this deadline is earlier than it has been in the past.
Application and all other documentation must be submitted in HARD COPY and mailed in one package/envelope to:
Charles W. McDowell Rehabilitation Center
Attn: Scholarship Fund
8412 Westport Road
Louisville, KY 40242
If there are questions or if application materials in Braille are needed, please contact Angela Becker toll free at 800-346-2115 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org