Coca-Cola Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Scholarship

​Scholarship Eligibility

All current consumers of the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation have to meet the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:

1. Proof of legal blindness.   Confirmation of Legal Blindness form. If including a vision report with confirmation form, the report should not be older than two years.

2. An official school transcript with at least a 2.7 cumulative GPA.

3. Acceptance letter from accredited college (includes vocational/technical programs).

4. Two letters of recommendation (i.e. teacher, employer, non-family member).

5. Photocopy of state issue identification (must be resident of Kentucky).

6. A completed essay (500 words) is required. Please choose one of the essay topics below. If consumer applied in the past for the scholarship select a different essay topic to complete.

                  A.) Indicate consumer's field of study and why this career goal was chosen.

                  B.) Describe the influence someone who has had a positive impact in the consumer's life.

 7. Click here​to print all application information. This also includes a list of all documentation required for submission.

Application package will be accepted beginning June 1, 2020.   The date the completed materials must be received by has been extended to July 13, 2020.     **The Fall 2019 Scholarship application has closed. Please check back for information on the next Scholarship opportunity.

Application and all other documentation must be submitted in HARD COPY and mailed in one package/envelope to:

Charles W. McDowell Rehabilitation Center

Attn: Scholarship Fund

8412 Westport Road

Louisville, KY 40242

For futher information or questions or if application materials in Braille are needed, please contact Heidi Kesterson toll free at 800-346-2115 or email her at:​ .

Need​ more help? Contact us
Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation​
Central Office
Mayo-Underwood Building
500 Mero Street ​4th Floor NE
Frankfort, KY 40601
800-372-7172 (V/TTY )​​​​​