Criteria to Apply
All current consumers of the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation have to meet the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
1. If not a current OVR consumer, proof of legal blindness. Confirmation of Legal Blindness form
. If including a vision report with confirmation form, the report should not be older than two years.
2. An unofficial school transcript with at least a 2.7 cumulative GPA.
3. Acceptance letter from accredited college (includes vocational/technical programs) if not registered for classes yet OR a copy of class schedule for Fall 2022
4. Letter(s) of recommendation: New applicants and those that have never received this scholarship must provide two letters of recommendation from non-family members that have been written in the last 6 months. Applicants who have received tis scholarship in the past are only required to submit one letter of recommendation from a non-family member that has been written in the last 6 months.
5. Photocopy of state issued identification (must be resident of Kentucky).
6. A completed essay (500 words) is required. Topics can be found on the application
Application requirements will be posted here by April 15, 2022. The date the completed materials must be received by is July 1, 2022. Please note: this deadline is earlier than it has been in the past.
Application and all other documentation must be submitted in HARD COPY and mailed in one package/envelope to:
Coca-Cola Scholarship Committee
ATTN: Angela Becker
8412 Westport Road
Louisville, KY 40242
If there are questions or if application materials in Braille are needed, please contact Angela Becker toll free at 800-346-2115 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit these links for more information about services:
Division of Blind Services
McDowell Center for the Blind
Independent Living and Older Individuals Who are Blind
Orientation and Mobility
What Is The Meaning of Legally Blind