All current consumers of the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation have to meet the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
1. Proof of legal blindness. Confirmation of Legal Blindness form If including a vision report with confirmation form, the report should not be older than two years.
2. An official school transcript with at least a 2.7 cumulative GPA.
3. Acceptance letter from accredited college (includes vocational/technical programs).
4. Two letters of recommendation (i.e. teacher, employer, non-family member).
5. Photocopy of state issue identification (must be resident of Kentucky).
6. A completed essay (500 words) is required. Please choose one of the following topics below for your essay. If you have applied in the past for the scholarship, you must select a different essay topic to complete.
A.) Indicate your field of study and why you have chosen this career goal.
B.) Describe the influence someone who has had a positive impact in your life.
7. Click here
to print all application information.
This also includes a list of all documentation required for submission.
Application package will be accepted beginning June 1, 2020. The date the completed materials must be received by has been extended to July 13, 2020. **The Fall 2019 Scholarship application has closed. Please check back for information on the next Scholarship opportunity.
Application and all other documentation must be submitted in HARD COPY and mailed in one package/envelope to:
Charles W. McDowell Rehabilitation Center
Attn: Scholarship Fund
8412 Westport Road
Louisville, KY 40242
If you have questions or if you need the application materials in Braille, please contact Heidi Kesterson toll free at 800-346-2115 or you can email her at: Heidi.Kesterson@ky.gov