The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation assists businesses in hiring, developing and keeping valued employees. Its highly trained employer relation specialists provide free services to businesses. Vocational Rehabilitation wants to work with your business toward placement and retention of people with disabilities in the workforce. Its custom-designed programs and services exemplify your tax dollars at work for Kentucky's business and industry.
How can we help your business?
- accessibility checklist
- employment services
- personnel assistance
- staff development
- financial incentives
- on-the-job training
- Preparing Adults for Competitive Employment (PACE)
- pre-screening of applicants based on essential job requirements
- onsite job trainer and support services
- job restructuring/work-site adjustment
- accessibility survey of complete work site
- assistive technology; devices and specialized equipment to assist in job success
- follow-up services
- affirmative action
- workforce diversity consultation
- reasonable accommodation support
- employee assistance and/or advisory program
Custom-designed training programs for management, staff and co-workers:
- disability awareness: understanding how our perceptions affect persons with disabilities
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- technical assistance and resources
Minimize the cost of training new employees and the potential loss of experience by maintaining valued workers who have become disabled through work-related injuries.
Business Tax Incentives
If you own or operate a business, you should be aware of two tax incentives for hiring workers with disabilities:
- Deduction for removal of barriers (Internal Revenue Services Code Section 190) - You may deduct expenses for making a facility or vehicle used in your business more accessible to person with disabilities.
- Accessibility Credit (Internal Revenue Services Code Section 44) - An eligible small business that pays or incurs expenses for providing access to person with disabilities is allowed a tax credit.
2016 Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation
Employer Recognition Award Winners
Congratulations to the 2016 Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation Employer Recognition Award winners!
- Humana - Louisville, KY
- Sears Hometown Store - Somerset, KY
- White Staffing Management - Hopkinsville, KY
- Rib Licker's Smoke Shack - Glasgow, KY
- Royal Oaks Chevrolet - Paducah, KY
- Travel Centers of America - Florence, KY