The Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) assists Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve suitable employment and independence. We recognize and respect the contribution of all individuals as a necessary and vital part of a productive society.
- To assist Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve suitable employment and independence.
- We value the rights, merit and dignity of all persons with disabilities and the opportunity to pursue employment as an important aspect of a full and meaningful life.
- We value all staff, their individual talents, unique abilities and contributions to the agency’s mission.
- We value collaborative efforts and partnerships which support the agency’s mission.
Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
275 East Main Street
Mail Drop 2EK
Frankfort, KY 40621
Announcements & Helpful Resources
Effective Monday, February 18, 2019 individuals on the waiting list in Priority Category Two will be moved to eligible status. They will be provided the necessary rehabilitation services to meet their individual vocational goals. Category Two will be opened at this time and remain open.
Category One and Two will remain open until further notice. This means any new applicants will not be placed on a waiting list unless they meet the criteria for Priority Category Three and Four. Thank you. If you have any questions you can contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org via email or call the main office at 502-564-4440.
Kentucky Assistive Technology Services (KATS) Network Advisory Board Seeks New Council Members
KATS Network is currently accepting applications from Individuals with Disabilities who use Assistive Technology, their Family Members, or Authorized Representatives.
If you are interested in applying to serve on the KATS Network Advisory Council to help provide guidance to the State on increasing the awareness and acquisition of Assistive Technology (AT) to the thousands of Kentuckians with disabilities who use or need AT, please contact us at (800) 327-5287. You can also visit our Advisory Council
page for additional information.
Or, you may submit your application and resume directly to us by mail or email to JamesA.Brown@ky.gov
. Please also review the Advisory Council's purpose and composition statement. The application and Advisory Council purpose and composition statement are available on the KATS Network website
Disability Benefits 101 Calculator
We’re pleased to announce the release of the new Kentucky Disability Benefits 101 site to the public.
You can visit KY DB101 today to explore the new features, tools, and calculators and browse the content: https://ky.db101.org/
- Information: Learn about benefits program and rules around work. Get answers to frequently asked questions. Find out how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Calculators: Get results tailored just for you that helps you plan and set goals for work. Get tips for success for your individual situation.
- Experts: Find answers to your questions. Connect to community resources. Get help understanding your next steps. DB101’s Talk to an Expert connects you to a real person who can help with your situation.
If you find something you don’t understand or that appears to be incorrect, please use the Give Feedback link appearing in the right sidebar of each page, to tell us what you saw and what you expected to see instead. We’ll keep a close eye on the feedback.
Many thanks for your help spreading the word about KY DB101!
-The Disability Benefits 101 Core Team
If you are a current consumer and have questions or concerns regarding the services you are receiving, please contact the branch manager at your local district office