The Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) assists Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve suitable employment and independence. We recognize and respect the contribution of all individuals as a necessary and vital part of a productive society.
- To assist Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve suitable employment and independence.
- We value the rights, merit and dignity of all persons with disabilities and the opportunity to pursue employment as an important aspect of a full and meaningful life.
- We value all staff, their individual talents, unique abilities and contributions to the agency’s mission.
- We value collaborative efforts and partnerships which support the agency’s mission.
Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
275 East Main Street
Mail Drop 2EK
Frankfort, KY 40621
Announcements & Other News
2017’s Best & Worst Cities for People with Disabilities
Louisville, Kentucky ranks #11 as one of the best cities for individuals with disabilities. For more information on how other cities ranked, including the Lexington area, please click here
DB 101 Site: Public Release Note
December 1, 2017
We’re pleased to announce the release of the new Kentucky Disability Benefits 101 site to the public.
You can visit KY DB101 today to explore the new features, tools, and calculators and browse the content: https://ky.db101.org/
- Information: Learn about benefits program and rules around work. Get answers to frequently asked questions. Find out how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Calculators: Get results tailored just for you that helps you plan and set goals for work. Get tips for success for your individual situation.
- Experts: Find answers to your questions. Connect to community resources. Get help understanding your next steps. DB101’s Talk to an Expert connects you to a real person who can help with your situation.
If you find something you don’t understand or that appears to be incorrect, please use the Give Feedback link appearing in the right sidebar of each page, to tell us what you saw and what you expected to see instead. We’ll keep a close eye on the feedback.
Many thanks for your help spreading the word about KY DB101!
-The Disability Benefits 101 Core Team
Interested in Serving on the Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation?
The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation is looking for individuals willing to serve on its Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation. The Council reviews, analyzes, and advises the Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation on:
• eligibility, including order of selection,
• extent, scope and effectiveness of services provided by the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation,
• activities that affect or potentially affect the ability of individuals with disabilities to achieve rehabilitation goals.
Additionally, the Council is charged with conducting a review and analysis of program effectiveness and consumer satisfaction with the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation as well as other public and private entities that serve individuals with disabilities and use funds made available under the Rehabilitation Act.
Members are appointed by the Governor for a three-year term. The Council meets four times a year. All meeting expenses are covered according to Kentucky State regulations.
If you are a current consumer and have questions or concerns regarding the services you are receiving, please contact the branch manager at your local district office