To Contact by Videophone: Paula Ferrell 866-761-0818
Kentucky Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Deaf and hard of hearing consumers.
To provide accommodations for deaf and hard of hearing consumers that will assist them toward achievement of their educational goals and independence.
Interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing participating in programs at the Perkins Center as well as for consumers in residence at the Perkins Center who attend training elsewhere.
- Assistance to Rehabilitation Counselors for the Deaf (RCD). This usually involves setting up introductions between RCDs and the deaf community.
- Case review with admissions.
- Sign language class for staff of the Perkins Center and the community.
- Assistance with the job site application process, job site interpreting, and follow-up with job-related needs and training between the employee and employer.
- Assistance with benefit specialists and deaf consumers to understand you will not lose your check if you go to work.
- Deaf services to consumers at the Perkins Center and the surrounding area.
- Assistive technology (pagers, sonic boom clocks, etc.)
- Close interaction with the Speech Pathologists to establish an Aural Rehabilitation group.