- At least one representative of the Statewide Independent Living Council who may be the chairperson or other designee of the Council;
- At least one representative of a parent training and information center established under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act;
- At least one representative of the Client Assistance Program;
- At least one representative of community rehabilitation program service providers;
- Four representatives of business, industry, and labor;
- Representatives of disability advocacy groups representing a cross section of individuals with physical, cognitive, sensory, and mental disabilities; and parents, family members, guardians, advocates, or authorized representatives of individuals with disabilities who have difficulty in representing themselves or are unable due to their disabilities to represent themselves;
- Current or former applicants for, or recipients of, vocational rehabilitation services;
- At least one representative of the state educational agency responsible for the public education of students with disabilities;
- At least one representative from the state Workforce Investment Board; and
- Director of the designated State unit who shall service as an ex officio, nonvoting member.
- The Governor appoints members of the Council for three-year terms. The Governor selects members after soliciting recommendations from representatives of organizations representing a broad range of individuals with disabilities and organizations interested in individuals with disabilities.
Interested individuals should contact Nanci Soard at (502) 782-3421. You may also send an email to WFD.VOCREHAB@ky
.gov for questions.
David Allgood, Chair
Joe Cowan, Vice-Chair
Todd Stephens, Member-At-Large
A majority of Council members shall be persons who are:
Individuals with disabilities described in the Rehabilitation Act; and
Not employed by the designated State unit.