If you have been contacted from the Office of Unemployment Insurance about verifying your identity please use the following guidelines.
In order to help us verify your identity, you must upload two documents to your online account.
- Photo identification
- One other identity document
Your photo identification must show your name, date of birth and photograph. You can use any document from the following list, as long as it has
not expired. You must hold the photo ID next to your face and take a self-photograph or "selfie." The photograph you take of your face and photo ID should be uploaded for this requirement.
- State identification (ID) card
- Driver license
- US passport or passport card
- US military card (front and back)
- Military dependent’s ID card (front and back)
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Employment Authorization Document
- Foreign passport
Other Identity Document
You can use any document from the following list.
Important: A Social Security card will not satisfy this requirement.
- W-2 from last year
- A pay stub or payment statement that shows:
- An issue date within 12 months prior to the date your claim was filed
- Your first name (or initial) and last name
- At least the last four digits of your Social Security number or your employee identification number
- Your employer’s name
- The pay period dates or the date it was issued
- Any bill or financial statement showing your name and residence address
- Utility bill (electricity, gas, garbage, water, or sewer)
- Cable TV or internet bill
- Telephone bill
- Bank statement
- Property tax bill
- Mortgage statement
- Lease or rental agreement showing your name and residence address
- Registration for a PO Box or private mailbox
- Social Security statement (all pages)
Notice to Third Party of Social Security Number Assignments (SSA-7028)
Report of Confidential Social Security Benefit Information (SSA-2458)
- Official birth certificate (with official translation, if any)
The upload can be done on a computer with scanned documents or by mobile phone with document photos.
Once you are ready to upload, click the Document Upload link on the Home Screen.
Click 'Add Document'. From the Document Type dropdown, select
Identification Documents. You can do this multiple times in order to submit the required documents. Selecting the correct document type will expedite this process.