For more information about Unemployment Insurance and to file a claim,
Are You Eligible?
Please read over your Rights and Responsibilities while receiving unemployment insurance benefits here
To be eligible for benefits you must:
- (1) Be unemployed or working less than full-time
- (2) Have earned enough money to establish a valid claim
- (3) Be unemployed through no fault of your own
- (4) Be able to work, available for work, and looking for work
Monday-Friday - 7 AM - 7 PM ET
Sunday - 10 AM - 9 PM ET
You can apply by calling 502-875-0442
Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., EST
You may also call toll-free 800-648-6057 for telecommunications relay service.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be aware of fake unemployment filing websites designed to steal your personal information or charge you a fee.
- Make sure you are on a “.ky.gov” website when filing a Kentucky unemployment insurance claim.
- KCC services are free.
- KCC will never charge a fee.
- Only trust unemployment insurance-related emails that are sent from an @ky.gov address. Example: Firstname.Lastname@ky.gov
To File Your Unemployment Insurance Claim You Will Need The Following
- Social Security OR Alien Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Complete Mailing Address
- Phone Number
Employer Information (For the last 18 months):
- Business/Company Name
- Business/Company Mailing Address
- Business/Company Phone Number
- Dates of Employment
- The reason you are no longer working for EACH employer
Other Information You May Need
- If you worked in other states: List of states in which you worked.
- If you worked for a Temporary Agency: Name/Address of Temporary Agency.
- If you worked for the Federal Government: Agency Name; Component name; Copy of your Standard Form (SF8, SF50).
- If you were in the US Military: Copy of your DD214 Member 4.
- If you worked through a skilled trade union: Name of contractor
Unemployment Insurance Services