For Kentuckians recently made eligible for unemployment insurance (independent contractors, gig-economy workers, childcare workers, etc.), during your application for UI you may receive messages stating that you are not monetarily invalid or have no claimable wages. Our system is still being updated to accommodate recent eligibility changes and despite these messages, your claim is still being processed for approval. All individuals recently made eligible and who have applied will begin to be notified of their claim status early next week.
Claims by Last Name
If You Missed Your Day
In order to serve you better, UI claims will be filed on a specific day of the week based on the first letter of your last name.
Monday-Friday - 7 AM - 7 PM ET
Sunday - 10 AM - 9 PM ET
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be aware of fake unemployment filing websites designed to steal your personal information or charge you a fee.
- Make sure you are on a “.ky.gov” website when filing a Kentucky unemployment insurance claim.
- KCC services are free.
- KCC will never charge a fee.
- Only trust unemployment insurance-related emails that are sent from an @ky.gov address. Example: Firstname.Lastname@ky.gov
To File Your Unemployment Insurance Claim You Will Need The Following
- Social Security OR Alien Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Complete Mailing Address
- Phone Number
Employer Information (For the last 18 months):
- Business/Company Name
- Business/Company Mailing Address
- Business/Company Phone Number
- Dates of Employment
- The reason you are no longer working for EACH employer
Other Information You May Need
- If you worked in other states: List of states in which you worked.
- If you worked for a Temporary Agency: Name/Address of Temporary Agency.
- If you worked for the Federal Government: Agency Name; Component name; Copy of your Standard Form (SF8, SF50).
- If you were in the US Military: Copy of your DD214 Member 4.
- If you worked through a skilled trade union: Name of contractor
Are You Eligible?
If you are laid off due to the Coronavirus outbreak, you may be eligible for unemployment insurance.
Waiting Period Suspended
Governor Beshear’s Executive Order means that the seven-day waiting period is temporarily suspended.
Click on the link below to access the Weekly Unemployment Insurance Benefits Calculator
Unemployment Insurance Services