Effective immediately, unemployment insurance claimants can access 1099s for calendar year 2021 through the UI Web portal.
All UI claimants who received benefits in calendar year 2021 will receive a 1099 from the Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance via U.S. mail, although some could experience a delay as a result of an envelope shortage. The agency has asked the Internal Revenue Service for a 30-day extension to mail all forms.
In the meantime, those who wish to expedite tax preparation can get started by visiting the Kentucky Career Center website: https://kcc.ky.gov.
- Click on 'Unemployment Services' and select 'File or Access your Claim' from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the green 'Sign in with ID.Me' button. If you have not previously verified, complete the verification process.
- Once logged into your online account, click on the “Request User Login Verification Code" button to send a code to your email address on file. This code is good for 15 minutes only.
- Click on the 'File New Claim / View 1099 Tax Document' button on the main page.
- Log in to your unemployment insurance account.
- Enter the Verification Code from your email address.
- Click on the 'My 1099' link located at the top of the page.
You will have the option to download or view the document.
Please note: The 1099 contains personal information including your Social Security number. If you use a computer designated for public use at public libraries or Kentucky Career Centers, it is advised that you only view and print the document and not download it to the computer. Please make sure to close the Internet browser when you are finished.