To be eligible, your company must:
- Your business must have an employment level of at least 100 employees total
- Your business must be furloughing a minimum of 25 employees
- These employees must remain job connected for the duration of the e-claim
• They must be returning to work with your business in the future
• If they are permanently separated they are no longer eligible for e-claims
To initiate the filing, the employer needs to:
Follow this link to open the Excel file E-Claim Template (click download to access file)
- Fill out the template.
- Draft an email summarizing the details of the layoff, attach the completed template to the email.
- Send the email to
UIeclaims@ky.gov to officially submit to the Office of Unemployment Insurance.
NOTE: For timely processing, E-Claims must be submitted by noon on Wednesday of the week prior to the layoff week.
Employers needing additional information: