October 5, 2021: The Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance computer systems will be down for approximately two hours Thursday (Oct. 7) evening for a scheduled update beginning at 9 p.m.
July 29, 2021: Federal Unemployment Programs Expire September 6, 2021
American Rescue Plan & Federal Pandemic UI Programs
Federal Unemployment Programs Expire September 6, 2021
- Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC), which provides an additional $300 weekly payment to recipients of unemployment compensation.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), which provides benefits for those who would not usually qualify, including the self-employed, gig workers, and part-time workers.
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC), which provides an extension of benefits once regular benefits have been exhausted.
- Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation (MEUC), which provides an additional $100 benefit to certain people with mixed earnings.
The last payable week for these programs is the week ending September 4, 2021, regardless of the balance of the benefits remaining in the claim.
If claimants are waiting to receive an eligibility determination for any of these four federal programs, OUI will ensure that they receive payments owed to them for all weeks before September 6 for which they are determined eligible.
Governor Andy Beshear's Back to Work Incentive program, unveiled in June, incentivizes the long-term unemployed to return to the workforce with a potential $1,500 bonus payment.
Important press release about Pandemic Unemployment Benefits Ending. Read the full press release.
Claimants participating in those programs will receive an email from the Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance (OUI) communicating that those benefit programs are ending. Read the email here.
June 18, 2021: Important press release about Overpayment Waiver.
April 13, 2021: PIN Assistance Instructions
March 2, 2021: Team Kentucky Health at Home Eviction Relief Fund
Tenants who qualify for rent and utility assistance to cover past-due and future bills can visit https://teamkyhherf.ky.gov/ to apply for the Healthy at Home Eviction Relief Fund which has an additional $264 million to keep Kentuckians safe throughout the pandemic.
February 11, 2021: If you received a paper check for benefits and believe you should not have received a check please send that check back to:
Office of Unemployment Insurance
500 Mero Street 4th Floor
Frankfort KY 40601
Include your name, contact information (such as phone number and email address), and a message that you never filed for Unemployment Insurance.
January 1, 2021: Due to the upcoming state holidays, the Office of Unemployment Insurance will be closed on the following days. Banks may also be closed which could delay UI benefit deposits.
- Veterans Day - November 11, 2021
- Thanksgiving - November 25-26, 2021
- Christmas - December 23-24, 2021
- New Year’s Day - December 30-31, 2021