The Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) assists Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve suitable employment and independence. We recognize and respect the contribution of all individuals as a necessary and vital part of a productive society.
- To assist Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve suitable employment and independence.
- We value the rights, merit and dignity of all persons with disabilities and the opportunity to pursue employment as an important aspect of a full and meaningful life.
- We value all staff, their individual talents, unique abilities and contributions to the agency’s mission.
- We value collaborative efforts and partnerships which support the agency’s mission.
Notice Of Intent To Redesignate The Rehabilitation Services Administration’s Client Assistance Program
Notice of Hearing to receive public comment on the proposal by Governor Andy Beshear to re-designate the agency responsible for the administration of the Client Assistance Program (CAP) from the current designated agency, which is the Cabinet for Education and Workforce Development, Department of Workforce Investment, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR), to the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet, Protection & Advocacy Division (Protection and Advocacy).
100th Anniversary of the OVR Program
This year marks the 100th anniversary of the Vocational Rehabilitation Program. President Woodrow Wilson signed the Smith-Fess Act of 1920, also known as the Industrial Rehabilitation Act and referred to as "The National Civilian Vocational Rehabilitation Act," into law June 2, 1920.
The OSERS Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) will be celebrating 100 Years of VR throughout 2020. To that end, we have launch a dedicated webpage to house anniversary content.
We encourage you to view and bookmark the VR 100 webpage, where you will currently find the kick-off podcast from OSERS Acting Assistant Secretary Mark Schultz, VR100 graphics, signature block and the hashtag #VR100Years to use as your agency and organization promote the year. New information will be added to this page throughout 2020.
We look forward to celebrating this important milestone with all of our VR stakeholders!
Announcements & Helpful Resources
Order of Selection Information
Effective Thursday, October 1, 2020 all Priority Categories will be moved to eligible status and there currently is no waiting list. They will be provided the necessary rehabilitation services to meet their individual vocational goals.
Disability Benefits 101 Calculator
We’re pleased to announce the release of the new Kentucky Disability Benefits 101 site to the public.
You can visit KY DB101 today to explore the new features, tools, and calculators and browse the content: https://ky.db101.org/
- Information: Learn about benefits program and rules around work. Get answers to frequently asked questions. Find out how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Calculators: Get results tailored just for you that helps you plan and set goals for work. Get tips for success for your individual situation.
- Experts: Find answers to your questions. Connect to community resources. Get help understanding your next steps. DB101’s Talk to an Expert connects you to a real person who can help with your situation.
If you find something you don’t understand or that appears to be incorrect, please use the Give Feedback link appearing in the right sidebar of each page, to tell us what you saw and what you expected to see instead. We’ll keep a close eye on the feedback.
Many thanks for your help spreading the word about KY DB101!
-The Disability Benefits 101 Core Team