The Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) assists Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve suitable employment and independence. We recognize and respect the contribution of all individuals as a necessary and vital part of a productive society.
- To assist Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve suitable employment and independence.
- We value the rights, merit and dignity of all persons with disabilities and the opportunity to pursue employment as an important aspect of a full and meaningful life.
- We value all staff, their individual talents, unique abilities and contributions to the agency’s mission.
- We value collaborative efforts and partnerships which support the agency’s mission.
Notice Of Intent To Redesignate The Rehabilitation Services Administration’s Client Assistance Program
Notice of Hearing to receive public comment on the proposal by Governor Andy Beshear to re-designate the agency responsible for the administration of the Client Assistance Program (CAP) from the current designated agency, which is the Cabinet for Education and Workforce Development, Department of Workforce Investment, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR), to the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet, Protection & Advocacy Division (Protection and Advocacy).
Announcements & Helpful Resources
Order of Selection Information
Effective Thursday, October 1, 2020 all Priority Categories will be moved to eligible status and there currently is no waiting list. They will be provided the necessary rehabilitation services to meet their individual vocational goals.
We Need Your Help
The Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) is conducting a Comprehensive Statewide Needs Assessment with all key stakeholders. The needs assessment aims to identify current and emerging needs to help inform the upcoming state plan. As a key stakeholder, your perspective is important to us. Click here to take the survey.
If you have any questions about OVR services, please call (502) 564-4440 or (800) 372-7172 (V/TTY)
If you would like to contact the survey administrator with technical questions about this survey, please contact Luke O'Hara.
Disability Benefits 101 Calculator
We’re pleased to announce the release of the new Kentucky Disability Benefits 101 site to the public.
You can visit KY DB101 today to explore the new features, tools, and calculators and browse the content: https://ky.db101.org/
- Information: Learn about benefits program and rules around work. Get answers to frequently asked questions. Find out how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Calculators: Get results tailored just for you that helps you plan and set goals for work. Get tips for success for your individual situation.
- Experts: Find answers to your questions. Connect to community resources. Get help understanding your next steps. DB101’s Talk to an Expert connects you to a real person who can help with your situation.
If you find something you don’t understand or that appears to be incorrect, please use the Give Feedback link appearing in the right sidebar of each page, to tell us what you saw and what you expected to see instead. We’ll keep a close eye on the feedback.
Many thanks for your help spreading the word about KY DB101!
-The Disability Benefits 101 Core Team