For information about & to file for Unemployment Insurance,
Kentucky Unemployment Insurance Revised Statutes
Kentucky Revised Statutes - Chapter 341
Monday-Friday - 7 AM - 7 PM ET
Sunday - 10 AM - 9 PM ET
You can apply by calling 502-875-0442
Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., EST
Website: Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., EST
Sunday from 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST
You may also call toll-free 800-648-6057 for telecommunications relay service.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be aware of fake unemployment filing websites designed to steal your personal information or charge you a fee.
- Make sure you are on a “.ky.gov” website when filing a Kentucky unemployment insurance claim.
- KCC services are free.
- KCC will never charge a fee.
- Only trust unemployment insurance-related emails that are sent from an @ky.gov address. Example: Firstname.Lastname@ky.gov
To File Your Unemployment Insurance Claim You Will Need The Following
- Social Security OR Alien Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Complete Mailing Address
- Phone Number
Employer Information (For the last 18 months):
- Business/Company Name
- Business/Company Mailing Address
- Business/Company Phone Number
- Dates of Employment
- The reason you are no longer working for EACH employer
Other Information You May Need
- If you worked in other states: List of states in which you worked.
- If you worked for a Temporary Agency: Name/Address of Temporary Agency.
- If you worked for the Federal Government: Agency Name; Component name; Copy of your Standard Form (SF8, SF50).
- If you were in the US Military: Copy of your DD214 Member 4.
- If you worked through a skilled trade union: Name of contractor
Are You Eligible?
If you are laid off due to the Coronavirus outbreak, you may be eligible for unemployment insurance.
Click on the link below to access the Weekly Unemployment Insurance Benefits Calculator
How Do I....?
Check out these resources that can help you with your Unemployment Insurance Claim
Unemployment Insurance Services
The Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance offers two safe and convenient payment options. Claimants can choose to receive payments via direct deposit into their bank account or through a U.S. Bank ReliaCard.
Please note that beginning Oct. 27, 2021, claimants selecting a U.S. Bank ReliaCard as their method of payment will receive the first payment by paper check. Once the first payment has been issued, claimants should receive the card from U.S. Bank within seven days. If the first payment issued includes multiple weeks, all of those weeks will be paid via check. Subsequent weeks would be deposited into the debit card account.
Claimants can change their preferred method of payment online via the “Payment Method” link in their claim. If claimants do not change the payment method to Direct Deposit, the default method of payment will be a U.S. Bank ReliaCard. Detailed information about direct deposit and debit card payments can be found in the Payment Options section of the Claimant Guide